Preparing for the Orthodontic Job Market
Today's orthodontic residents are entering a very different job market compared to the generations before them. Determining how you want to practice orthodontics and where you want to practice should be considered. Shannon Patterson an orthodontic recruiter for Bentson Clark & Copple will discuss how to identify orthodontic opportunities including the differences between corporate and private practices, associate opportunities, equity-minded associate opportunities with a path to equity, buyout opportunities, and the resources to use when looking for an opportunity.
• How and where to identify practice opportunities; including associate opportunities, equity-minded associate opportunities with a path to equity and buyout opportunities
• Corporate employment vs. private practice employment
• How to construct a CV and an "about me" letter
• Timeline- when to start looking and where
• What you need to know about state licensure and reciprocity rules
• Phone interview technique
• Scheduling a site visit to private practice
Just wanted to say thank you for your presentation yesterday. I thought it was great and provided us with a great perspective.
-David E. Walker, D.D.S.
On behalf of the Cleveland Society of Orthodontists, I want to tell you how much we enjoyed your presentation on Business Succession Planning. Our members who attended spoke favorably about the information you presented and were glad they attended. Your lecture brought new insights and valuable information to our profession; I would imagine they will all put some of your ideas into practice.
-Lorraine Mollohan, Executive Director